Map of Noosa Heads
Wet Weather Options:
As you know there are many things we have control over in life, and some we don't. The weather is one of them. As much as we intend for the weather to be fine on your day, things can turn at the last minute and surprise us all. So to ensure all areas are covered off, and no one is left in surprise or disappointment on your wedding day, we have come up with a few ideas to help alleviate any wet weather concerns. Firstly, be flexible - there may be a window of opportunity either before your designated time or after when the wedding could take place - we can all closely watch the BOM radar and be ready to go when the coast is clear (however this would depend on your styling décor arrangement as we need 3 hours in advance notice for change of venue due to wet weather).
- Your penthouse or accommodation might offer a lovely balcony with a view and could also be a suitable location.
- The restaurant you have selected to share your celebration at, may offer their facilities for the ceremony.
- The Lions Park located on Gympie Terrace, Noosaville offers a huge sheltered stage area located directly on the calm Noosa River facing North and protected by the SE winds. Quite suitable for weddings up to 60-70 guests. It offers an ancient beautiful fig tree as a backdrop with the Noosa River lapping on the shores of a sandy beach only 25m from the sheltered area. The carpark is 10m from the shelter area so you don't have far to walk. Great photo opportunities are all around this area.
- For intimate elopements with just two witnesses, Noosa Woods offers a few covered shelter areas also.
- Noosa Restaurants/Bars: The Rumba Bar, below Sails Restaurant is an intimate and divine space that could be arranged for your ceremony, or perhaps the Beach Club on Hastings showcases class and style in a relaxed environment. Miss Moneypennys is also an option for a small gathering.
- The Noosa Sofitel Riviera Lounge has a lovely outlook, is fairly quiet weekdays and is delightful as a wet weather venue, with a private balcony that offers views of the Noosa River, and a luxury lounge area for guests and when you book the entire lounge, it's byo. We can style the Riviera Lounge beautifully and it can cater for up to 40 guests nicely. You will need to contact the event manager of Sofitel to find out the availability and cost for the venue. The Sofitel offers creative photo opportunities due to the stunning resort it is.
- RACV Noosa also offers a great wet weather solution for larger weddings catering up to 110 guests.
- Coolum: If your having a Coolum or Point Arkwright wedding, then consider the sheltered area at Point Perry, which offers a 160 degree view of the ocean, as it's perched on a cliff and offers easy access via parking only 10m from the sheltered area and bathrooms as well. It's located on David Low Way and can cater for up to 60 guests.
If you have a permit with council for your wedding ceremony, then the permit can be transferred to your wet weather venue, if the venue is council owned (at no extra cost within 7 days of your wedding date, so a call will need to be made to council to arrange this). All you need to know is that we have thought about your wedding, the weather, contingency plans and that we will always have you covered - no matter what. In all the years I have been performing weddings in Noosa as a Celebrant, 87% of weddings go ahead outdoors and 13% end up using their wet weather back up option. The odds are certainly in your favour.